Sunday 20 March 2016

Delhi Diaries: 2

So it's been a semester and a half and Delhi has been treating me well. Things have not cooked up much since the last post but yeah I have made a few more acquaintances in this alien land. Lately, I have been introspecting on how my life would have been had I chosen to stay back in Kolkata. More soulful, definitely. But dull, nonetheless. That little adventure in every mundane task, that perpetual feeling of thrill, that feeling of brazen liberty, ah, that's something that makes Delhi worthwhile.

College has been the same though. Those same blunt stares, that alien like treatment and those pitiful eyes all gazing down at me every time I am found perched alone in the ever so cheerful canteen. Its weird how solitude has become such an abstract concept amongst the so called modern college goers. I have lost count of how many times unknown faces have come lingering around asking the same banal questions " why do you always stay alone? " " Don't you get bored?". It's not that I like it all the time of course, this being alone thing, but it has always been like this. I have never been good with people. I could never tolerate the obsequious, loud and showy ones.

I might be perceived as an anomaly in today's generation. A diversion from the stereotypical undergraduates. But awkward as it may sound, I've never been more proud of myself. It's true that I feel terribly lonely at times and burn with jealousy when I see those groups on the lawns happily chortling and breaking into smiles. But every good thing comes with a price right? Moreover it was my own decision to leave behind my city and come to Delhi. My roommate has been such a blessing for me. Perhaps, she is the reason which makes me say that Delhi is good. And my totally unexpected reunion with my high school love has left me spellbound of course. So practically I am left with these three people in Delhi. My only three lifelines. Her, him and HIM.

Watching movies have become an almost quotidian task for me. One or two everyday. Sometimes more but rarely less. Studies had taken a back seat for like a month in between when I had lost my head in the infamous Delhi University fests. In fact I had even invested a tremendous amount of time organizing one at our college without realizing how pointless it all was. Obviously, it ended up to be almost cataclysmic and then I spent the next few days regretting every single second that I wasted.

I also spent a considerable amount of time touring around in Delhi with my beloved boy. Well, you do know what happens when old love is rekindled, don't u? I suppose I have covered every place worth visiting. There have also been midnight parties. Big, fat, ugly ones! I danced like crazy. I got drunk like crazy. I collapsed like crazy. Perks of being 18. Haha. So now summing up everything, I am happy. Things are going as per my wish. I have got three wonderful people by my side. Life's good. 
Till the next time, adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment